Friday, April 6, 2007

My Trip To Kuantan

Ahh it was an unplanned trip actually (31st March 2007 - 1st April 2007), furthermore I was debating in my mind that I had a lot of assignments that are still not done and the due date was next week. But then again maybe I should find myself sometime to adventure back my mom's hometown since I've never been back there for years like (10+ years). The reason my family went back to Kuantan was to pray my ancestor (great grandmas (grandpa's side and grandma's side) and grandpa).

31st March 2007

The journey took 3 hours + as it was 280 KM away and along the highway there are a lot of mechanical eyes that will catch you if you speed more than 110km/h. After my family reached Kuantan, we first had cendol and rojak at a so called "Cendol No.1 in Kuantan" stall. After that, we checked into M&S Garden Hotel =). It's the most well known hotel in Kuantan's city. The lifestyle at the city is strange and it's much more different than KL's lifestyle. There is literally no cyber cafe so don't hope to find one if you ever enter Kuantan.

There drivers over there drives very slowly and I mean really slow like taking their own sweet time. Furthermore, the traffic lights are magnificent; they have a countdown more than 99 seconds (those countdown traffics like PJ) which is almost as long as 2 minutes! Gosh If I am in KL, I bet all the cars will honk till their ears drop and hunt down KL's City Hall Mayor.

Anyways, after we have checked into the hotel, we dropped off our things and head towards the beach. Obviously, the beach in Kuantan is as dirty as other places but it's a little hmm... should be cleaner than Port Dickson's Beach. Most of the people in Kuantan will spend their time on the beach since they don't use the internet much so literally falling in love in Kuantan is the only thing couples will do. Their entertainment will be more to karaoke and clubbing although it's not as fun as KL's Clubs =) (No, I don't do clubbing). I took a lot of pictures of tamed monkey that were wandering at the beach.

I sat at the shore to enjoy the hit of the waves and after 2 hours later, we head back to our hotel to clean up and had dinner. My aunt that lives in Kuantan took us to a nearby restaurant that is near to our hotel. The food was fine, most of it are seafood, I guess Kuantan is famous for its seafood =). After dinner, I head back to the hotel to find some entertainment which I failed literally as it was late already (9 pm) and Parkson that is just beside my hotel is about to closed at 10 pm. I must say it's convenient to live at the hotel since there are so many food stall nearby and GSC is just beside you =).

I loved the hotel as it's big (bigger than first world) but a 2 day 1 night stay is RM188 (promotion).Kuantan has a lot of food stalls ranging from tom yam seafood to a lot of seafood related dishes that you can think of (curry head, fish head, crabs, prawns). I had my little cousin brother and sister at my hotel room at night to watch movie until 1 am where they had to go back home and rest for tomorrow's cheng meng at the hill. I was hungry that night before I went to sleep at 2.30 am; I had 2 maggie mee cups before dozing off from doing some of my homework.

1st April

I woke up at 6 am actually but felt too tired and slept until 7 am where my mom woke me up to go to the cemetery. It was literally jammed up even though it’s early in the morning. It was my first time praying for my ancestor that I have never seen before ( I can't even read their name craved on the tombstone - banana :( ). After praying, we head back to our hotel to have our breakfast.

My mom and my brother had nasi dagang and me and my sis had breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. After eating breakfast, me and my cousins decide to swim in the hotel's swimming pool. We swam until 11.30 am where we decided to clean up and checked out from the hotel. We checked out at 12.45 pm and headed towards an orchard farm. The original plan was to go to the beach but it was drizzling. My aunt bought 3 orchids since it was literally cheap in Kuantan.

After buying those orchids, we went to a nearby Chinese dim sum restaurant to eat before heading to my aunt's house to hang out awhile and chat. After that, we refilled our petrol and head back home at 3.30 pm. I reached home at 7.30 pm and ate at my nearby mamak.

The trip was satisfying although there wasn't enough time to explore more about Kuantan and so many foods I haven't tried out.
There are some pictures that I took but I'll probably upload them later when I am free ... =) enjoy.

No comments: